Slimming World consultants raise over £500 for local charities
- Credit: Anna Foster
Two Slimming World consultants have raised over £500 for two local charities with a tombola.
Anna Foster and Charlene Knowles attended Coates fete and Whittlesey’s big bash, donating the money raised to Defibrillators for all and NGNPUK.
“Because of these two charities, anyone needing a lifesaving defibrillator should never be far from one,” said Anna.
“For those that are on end-of-life care, they can be kept comfortable and pain free with more equipment available.”
£564 was raised over the two days.
You may also want to watch:
Charity founders, Deborah and Louise, set up the charities in memory of their loves ones.
Anna said: “There are always so many people who step up to help people out in their time of need in Whittlesey.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
“They work so hard but they can’t do it alone."
Anna and Charlene would like to thank those who donated and bought tombola tickets.
For more information on Slimming World, please visit the webpage.