Slimming World members donate food for Advent to help less fortunate families in Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A reverse Advent calendar of food items brought by Slimming World members to help local families in need was created in Whittlesey.
Crisps, chocolate, doughnuts, noodles and pasta was all given away by members of the Whittlesey PM and Eastrea Slimming World groups.
The food is considered as a 'syn' by members on the healthy lifestyle programme.
Anna, who runs the Eastrea groups, said: "I am passionate about fundraising for our local community and I am so proud of every one who has donated."
Anna also ran a raffle in her groups where she raised £70 to buy items not normally donated like sanitary items, toiletries and cleaning products.
You may also want to watch:
The groups have donated for several years after Christmas to encourage members to gift 'highly synned' foods to needier people in the town.
But it was the first time that the groups had a vast amount before Christmas has even arrived.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Charlene who runs the Whittlesey PM groups also had a collection and had already taken some chocolate advent calendars before the haul.
To find out more information on Anna and Charlene's Slimming World groups visit http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk
For more information on the food bank you can contact Brain who runs the food bank from the Whittlesey Christian Church.