Slimming World rep hits the high note by meeting pop star Jason Donovan
- Credit: Archant
A Slimming World manager from Wisbech is feeling ready to make weight-loss dreams come true after meeting legendary soap actor and pop star Jason Donovan.
Lorraine Killen, who manages groups in Wisbech, got a chance to cuddle up to the Australian heartthrob when he swapped Ramsay Street for the annual Slimming World awards where he was co-host.
Lorraine said meeting Jason was a wonderful way to round off a fabulous year as well as a great way to get ready for another successful 12 months.
“I couldn’t be prouder of all the members in Wisbech. They’ve lost fantastic amounts of weight throughout 2015, with many of them making their weight loss dreams come true by hitting their target weight, improving their health and more,” she said.
“It’s so rewarding to see people being able to do things that they didn’t think possible before losing weight, whether that’s wearing smaller clothes, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or being able to do more with their family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Every week I feel so lucky to play even a small part in people’s achievements.
“Now I feel incredibly motivated and I can’t wait to support more people to lead healthier, happier lives in 2016.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
Jason said: “At the awards I met lots of people who’ve lost incredible amounts of weight and it has completely changed their lives – in fact, it’s saved their lives in some cases.
“Every single one of them told me that they couldn’t have made the changes they have to eat more healthily and become more active without the help and support of their Slimming World group, so people like Lorraine who run and manage the groups are clearly very important.”
Visit the website to find your nearest group.