Small change makes big difference in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Loose change has helped three charities in Wisbech thanks to building society customers.
The Wisbech charities are among 1,000 across the country to be given help.
The society’s Charitable Foundation has donated a total of £100,000 to charities and good causes nominated by people during a small change big difference campaign.
Scotty’s Little Soldiers, Ferry Project Night Shelter and Wisbech Round Table were given a £100 donation after being nominated at the Wisbech branch of Norwich and Peterborough Building Society, which is part of the Yorkshire.
Members donate the pennies from the annual interest on their accounts to help charities and good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Murthwaite, manager of the Wisbech branch of N&P, said: “I’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who came into the branch to nominate a charity for a donation.
“We are committed to our community and I hope these donations will enable the charities to carry on their wonderful work here in Wisbech.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle