SMASHED WINDOWS: Negative messages to visitors as well as unpleasant
I SEE the window smashers incorporated have been active in March again. Victims this time being Ladbroke s and Cassano s The number of boarded up shop windows in the town must send out very negative messages to visitors as well as being unpleasant reminde
I SEE the window smashers incorporated have been active in March again. Victims this time being Ladbroke's and Cassano's
The number of boarded up shop windows in the town must send out very negative messages to visitors as well as being unpleasant reminders to residents.
Perhaps the police and/or district council should foot the bill for repairs? That might get some action on the streets. When all said and done, the shopkeepers pay substantial sums in business rates towards both and don't seem to get much for it.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 4 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 5 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- 8 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 9 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 10 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest