Smoke alarms for vulnerable adults can be bought thanks to Wisbech Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
A cash donation from Wisbech Rotary Club is set to fund 100 smoke alarms for vulnerable adults living in Wisbech.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service (CFRS) first teamed up with Wisbech Rotary Club in 2015 after the club pledged to donate money for smoke alarms for vulnerable residents.
Station Commander Mills, of Wisbech Fire Station, said: ?”It’s a fantastic partnership that Wisbech Rotary Club (RCoW) are willing to support. Their donations help protect the safety of vulnerable members in the local community and means we have more money to work in other areas to help make Cambridgeshire a safer county.”?
Past President Daljit Roy said: “This partnership between the two organisations shows an even greater commitment to the safety and wellbeing of our local vulnerable residents.
?”We are very happy to be working with CFRS to help us deliver this small lifesaving device to those most in need.”?
You may also want to watch:
Since the partnership began three years ago, RCoW has donated ?700 alarms a year, providing enough funding for 100 smoke alarms each time.
A cheque for ?£732 was presented by president Valerie Smith to station commander Brett Mills, followed by a review of the agreement between the two organisations regarding future funding.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
The fire service is not given a budget by the Government to buy smoke alarms, so funding from organisations like the Rotary Club helps reallocate funding to other services for the vulnerable.
The partnership between CFRS and Wisbech Rotary Club is the first of its kind in Cambridgeshire.
It is hoped other Rotary Clubs in other parts of the county will follow suit.?