So lucky, the driver who escaped after his lorry overturned on the A47, forcing closure of the Thorney by pass
- Credit: Archant
A driver had a lucky escape after his lorry overturned on the A47 in Cambridgeshire.
Fire crews from Stanground and Dogsthorpe were called to help free the driver.
Reports said the lorry overturned on the eastbound carriageway near Thorney. Fire crews brought in specialist equipment to ensure the driver was quickly released. He was taken to hospital as a precaution.
There were some hold up as traffic came off the B1040 and the by pass had to be closed for a time.
The incident happened shortly after 1pm yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
The by pass, according to traffic reports, opened some four hours later.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas