So sorry – my size clearly makes bad news a fat accompli
I WOULD like to offer my sincere apologies for the really dreadful environmental impact that my existence has on the local community (Fat of the Land, front page last week). I am one of the shameful obese, and I was mortified (does that make me morbidly o
I WOULD like to offer my sincere apologies for the really dreadful environmental impact that my existence has on the local community (Fat of the Land, front page last week).
I am one of the shameful obese, and I was mortified (does that make me morbidly obese?) to read about how my shocking deviance has impacted on the lives of 18-24-year-old males killed on Fenland roads; how the mere sight of me makes people smoke more than the national average; and how the NHS is crumbling under the enormity of the additional costs I bring to it by apparently living a shorter life.
Obviously obesity causes coronary heart disease. I mean when doctors asks if there's any family history of CHD, what they're trying to ascertain is which grandparent was responsible for over-feeding you.
Obviously the prime cause of lung cancer in smokers is obesity, regardless of whether the person is obese. And clearly the elevated rates of suicide in the Fens are directly attributable to the pressure of having to live with so many obese people.
You may also want to watch:
So for these crimes against humanity I would like to beseech your forgiveness.
You know, it had never occurred to me to diet. What an excellent idea. I think I might try it. I'll cross my fingers and hope that I'll fall into the five-10 per cent success category.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
That way, at least people will stop having motor vehicle accidents and will stop buying cigarettes.
I'm sure your detailed and objective report must have missed a few other societal evils for which I am responsible, but no doubt you can follow that up next week alongside all the success stories of the evil-doers who changed their lives for the better by shedding a few stone after discovering your miracle cure.
Well what can I say? Thanks for pointing it out to me. I honestly didn't realise I was having such a deleterious effect on the local community.