Join a soap box Derby coming to March
- Credit: Archant
Dig out your DIY skills and join a soap box derby coming to March for the second year running.
Teams are needed to join the fun as part of the summer festival coming to town in June.
Lynne Drewett said: “We’re letting everybody know early to give people time to get teams together and get building.”
Soap boxes must move by the power of pushing only and can be whatever size, materials or style that people want.
“People’s imagination and creativity can go to town,” said Lynne.
You may also want to watch:
The best one will win a prize, while trophies will be given for first, second and third place in each age category.
The derby takes place on Sunday June 10 in West End park at 2pm and the deadline for entries is Friday May 25.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Age groups are eight to 11 years, 12 to 17 and 18 plus.
• For an entry form email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01354-654244.