March Lions to bring Summer Festival Soap Box Derby back this year – here’s how you can take part in the 2019 competition
- Credit: Archant
For some, the highlight of the March Summer Festival is the Lions’ ‘Soap Box Derby’ which takes place at the back of West End Park.
This year organisers are working hard to attract even more entries than they had last year for the third annual race which takes place on Sunday, June 9 at 2pm.
Derek Rutter of March Lions said: “This is a fun afternoon for all the family to enjoy, bring the kids and a picnic then sit back and watch the fun.
“Why not build your own soap box and have a go. Come and get involved and have a go on the figure of eight track. Pushers can be provided if necessary.”
There are three entrant age groups, eight to 11 years old, 12 to 17 years old and 18 plus. Team entry is £5 per soap box.
You may also want to watch:
Sign up quick as the closing date for entries is Friday, May 31. Trophies and shields will be presented to winners and runners up in all age groups, plus a prize for best presented soap box.
To sign up, email Derek Rutter on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01354 651892 or 07860 249053.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital