Society gives cash gift to charities as part of 150th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A building society branch in March has given a cash boost to three local charities as part of celebrations to mark a milestone anniversary.
Norwich and Peterborough (N&P) Building Society joined branches across the country to celebrate 150 years of Yorkshire Building Society, which N&P is part of, by calling on members of the public to nominate charities to receive £100.
The Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation marked the occasion by giving away £150,000 as part of its annual Make a Difference Week, and three charities in March have received a share of the anniversary donation.
The charities benefitting, thanks to nominations from local residents are:
• March Athletic Club
You may also want to watch:
• Fens Disabled Bowling Club Association
• March Soccer School
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
Claire Gledhill, manager at N&P’s March branch, said: “Our annual Make a Difference campaign is always very popular, but this year we’ve been able to support more charities than ever before thanks to the Charitable Foundation’s generous donation to mark Yorkshire Building Society’s 150th anniversary.
“I’m delighted that three worthwhile causes in our area are part of the hundreds of local charities the Society is supporting throughout the UK and I’m sure the money will be used to make a positive difference in our community.”
Make a Difference Week is only possible thanks to Yorkshire Building Society’s innovative Small Change, Big Difference scheme, which enables members to donate the pennies from their annual interest on their savings and mortgages accounts each year to the Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation.