Society gives cash gift to charities as part of 150th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A building society branch in March has given a cash boost to three local charities as part of celebrations to mark a milestone anniversary.
Norwich and Peterborough (N&P) Building Society joined branches across the country to celebrate 150 years of Yorkshire Building Society, which N&P is part of, by calling on members of the public to nominate charities to receive £100.
The Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation marked the occasion by giving away £150,000 as part of its annual Make a Difference Week, and three charities in March have received a share of the anniversary donation.
The charities benefitting, thanks to nominations from local residents are:
• March Athletic Club
You may also want to watch:
• Fens Disabled Bowling Club Association
• March Soccer School
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Claire Gledhill, manager at N&P’s March branch, said: “Our annual Make a Difference campaign is always very popular, but this year we’ve been able to support more charities than ever before thanks to the Charitable Foundation’s generous donation to mark Yorkshire Building Society’s 150th anniversary.
“I’m delighted that three worthwhile causes in our area are part of the hundreds of local charities the Society is supporting throughout the UK and I’m sure the money will be used to make a positive difference in our community.”
Make a Difference Week is only possible thanks to Yorkshire Building Society’s innovative Small Change, Big Difference scheme, which enables members to donate the pennies from their annual interest on their savings and mortgages accounts each year to the Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation.