Society gives cash gift to charities as part of 150th anniversary celebrations
- Credit: Archant
A building society branch in March has given a cash boost to three local charities as part of celebrations to mark a milestone anniversary.
Norwich and Peterborough (N&P) Building Society joined branches across the country to celebrate 150 years of Yorkshire Building Society, which N&P is part of, by calling on members of the public to nominate charities to receive £100.
The Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation marked the occasion by giving away £150,000 as part of its annual Make a Difference Week, and three charities in March have received a share of the anniversary donation.
The charities benefitting, thanks to nominations from local residents are:
• March Athletic Club
You may also want to watch:
• Fens Disabled Bowling Club Association
• March Soccer School
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
Claire Gledhill, manager at N&P’s March branch, said: “Our annual Make a Difference campaign is always very popular, but this year we’ve been able to support more charities than ever before thanks to the Charitable Foundation’s generous donation to mark Yorkshire Building Society’s 150th anniversary.
“I’m delighted that three worthwhile causes in our area are part of the hundreds of local charities the Society is supporting throughout the UK and I’m sure the money will be used to make a positive difference in our community.”
Make a Difference Week is only possible thanks to Yorkshire Building Society’s innovative Small Change, Big Difference scheme, which enables members to donate the pennies from their annual interest on their savings and mortgages accounts each year to the Yorkshire Building Society Charitable Foundation.