Soham man Steven Samuel admits to causing death of John Joe Scott in crash
- Credit: Archant
A drink driver who has admitted causing the death of a 22-year-old man by careless driving has been warned it is “almost inevitable” he will be jailed when he is sentenced next week.
Steven Samuel, 21, of Hasse Road, Soham pleaded guilty at Ipswich Crown Court to causing the death of John Joe Scott, of Wingfield Road, Lakenheath, by careless driving while under the influence of alcohol on October 19 last year.
Mr Scott died as a result of a single vehicle road traffic accident in Lakenheath.
He was a passenger in a blue Ford Focus driven by Samuel which collided with a tree.
Police were called to the scene of the collision on Undley Road, Beck Row Common, Lakenheath at 5.45am on Saturday October 19 and Mr Scott was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Adjoining sentence until next Thursday Judge Rupert Overbury told Samuel it was “almost inevitable” he would receive an immediate prison sentence.
He said Samuel was twice the drink drive limit at the time of the collision and he banned him from driving with immediate effect.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
He allowed him to leave court on conditional bail and gave him an electronically monitored curfew between the hours of 6 pm-6am until he is sentenced.