Chatteris hotel gears up for this year’s Soldier Bear fundraiser in aid of Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Supplied
Preparations are underway for a Chatteris hotel as they get set for this year’s ‘Solider Bear’ competition as part of their Poppy Appeal fundraiser.
The Cross Keys Hotel is hosting the competition where you can attempt to guess the Soldier Bear's name, with as many as 420 names to choose from.
This builds on the hotel's success last time out when they sold stained-glass poppy ornaments.
Soldier Bear is dressed in uniform from the First Gulf War which was donated by Norman Larke, chairman of the Chatteris Royal British Legion.
The event was organised by David and Rebecca Leaning, proprietors of the Cross Keys Hotel, where visitors can also access artefacts from the conflict, which will be on display at the event.
You may also want to watch:
It is £1 to enter the competition and the Soldier Bear's name will be released on Remembrance Sunday, where the winner will have the privilege of keeping the bear.
For more information on the event, contact the Cross Keys Hotel on 01354 692644 or 01354 693036.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour