Chatteris hotel gears up for this year’s Soldier Bear fundraiser in aid of Poppy Appeal
- Credit: Supplied
Preparations are underway for a Chatteris hotel as they get set for this year’s ‘Solider Bear’ competition as part of their Poppy Appeal fundraiser.
The Cross Keys Hotel is hosting the competition where you can attempt to guess the Soldier Bear's name, with as many as 420 names to choose from.
This builds on the hotel's success last time out when they sold stained-glass poppy ornaments.
Soldier Bear is dressed in uniform from the First Gulf War which was donated by Norman Larke, chairman of the Chatteris Royal British Legion.
The event was organised by David and Rebecca Leaning, proprietors of the Cross Keys Hotel, where visitors can also access artefacts from the conflict, which will be on display at the event.
It is £1 to enter the competition and the Soldier Bear's name will be released on Remembrance Sunday, where the winner will have the privilege of keeping the bear.
For more information on the event, contact the Cross Keys Hotel on 01354 692644 or 01354 693036.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend