Cheque of more than £2,000 presented to armed forces charity by Fenland solicitors
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland solicitors has raised more than £2,000 for a charity that supports serving members of the armed forces, veterans and their families.
Fraser Dawbarns LLP presented the cheque to the armed forces charity SSAFA.
The charity was selected by Fraser Dawbarns LLP to be their 2017/2018 charity of the year.
Neil John, partner and head of the civil department, wanted to help the charity after speaking to a homeless veteran who told him that he had been ignored by so many people.
The money was raised from the annual charity golf day, a popular event attended by solicitors of the firm and keen golfers from the area, that donate generously and take part in an auction and a raffle.
You may also want to watch:
As part of their commitment to helping members of the armed forces, Fraser Dawbarns LLP also regularly attend RAF Marham and provide free consultations to members of the force who need legal advice.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition