Something for everyone at Elm Village Fete
RESIDENTS of all ages have been working extra hard to make the annual Elm Village Fete
its usual great success.
The traditional event is a red letter day in the village calendar and attracts visitors from a wide area.
Held in the grounds of Elm Church of England Primary School, next Saturday’s event will raise funds for both Elm School Association and the village’s All Saints Church.
Starting at 12 noon and finishing at 4pm the fete offers something for everyone from an assault course to a wonderful home-made cake stall. Entrance will be 50p for adults and youngsters over the age of 11.
You may also want to watch:
Attractions will include a chance to have a go on a quad bike, a bouncy castle, assault course, bungee run, lots of games and competitions such as splat the rat and hoopla, and face painting.
A highlight in the arena will be a pantomime horse race for youngsters from the school. There will also be displays of street dancing and cheer leading. For those with some musical talent there will be Karaoke.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
There will be a range of craft stalls and a table top sale. Draw tickets will be on sale with a grand prize of �100 followed by �50 and �25. There will also be lots of vouchers up for grabs.
Whatever the weather there will be refreshments to suit with ice-cream, candy floss, and barbecue food on offer. There will also be a bar.
Why not go along to the fete and have a great family day out?