Something for everyone at Elm Village Fete
RESIDENTS of all ages have been working extra hard to make the annual Elm Village Fete
its usual great success.
The traditional event is a red letter day in the village calendar and attracts visitors from a wide area.
Held in the grounds of Elm Church of England Primary School, next Saturday’s event will raise funds for both Elm School Association and the village’s All Saints Church.
Starting at 12 noon and finishing at 4pm the fete offers something for everyone from an assault course to a wonderful home-made cake stall. Entrance will be 50p for adults and youngsters over the age of 11.
You may also want to watch:
Attractions will include a chance to have a go on a quad bike, a bouncy castle, assault course, bungee run, lots of games and competitions such as splat the rat and hoopla, and face painting.
A highlight in the arena will be a pantomime horse race for youngsters from the school. There will also be displays of street dancing and cheer leading. For those with some musical talent there will be Karaoke.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
There will be a range of craft stalls and a table top sale. Draw tickets will be on sale with a grand prize of �100 followed by �50 and �25. There will also be lots of vouchers up for grabs.
Whatever the weather there will be refreshments to suit with ice-cream, candy floss, and barbecue food on offer. There will also be a bar.
Why not go along to the fete and have a great family day out?