‘Something has to be done’ pleads grandparents after a Jack Russell bites a five year old’s face in unprovoked attack
- Credit: Archant
A five year old girl has surgery after a Jack Russell bit her face in an unprovoked attack in March.
Skyla Boldan is recovering from the incident after the elderly owner picked up the dog and pushed it into the youngster’s face saying - go on give her a kiss, according to the girl’s grandparents.
Last year the dog bit the leg and hand of another young girl who lives just a few doors away from Skyla in Estover Road, and in a separate incident, tore a police officer’s trousers when it attacked him.
John Boldan, grandfather, said: “Skyla had deep lacerations to her lip and bruising and needed surgery at Peterborough City Hospital.
“She was playing safely in the garden with her three year old sister, behind a locked gate, when the dog owner walked by. The woman picked up her dog, knowing it is vicious and carried it towards her then pushed it towards Skyla’s face saying go on give the dog a kiss.
You may also want to watch:
“The dog snapped at Skyla’s face and bit her lip.
“The experience was traumatic for all of us, the blood was pouring everywhere.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
“The dog owner is renowned in the area and the dog itself runs about on an extendable lead. It’s supposed to have a muzzle on but doesn’t.”
Last year the animal bit the daughter of Shelley Ridgeon, of Ravenswood Pet Rescue.
Shelley said: “It was 12 months ago to the week it happened. Ellie was bitten twice on her leg and once on her hand and needed hospital treatment. A police officer’s trousers were ripped by the dog on another occasion.”
Fenland District Council are aware of the incident.
John said: “I posted up about it on Facebook and people have said they know of the animal. Some have said their dog has been attacked by it. Surely something has to be done about this now.”
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “We were called on Monday with reports that a Jack Russell had bitten a five-year-old girl on the lip.
“The incident happened at about 6.10pm.
“The girl suffered serious injuries and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital for surgery. She is recovering at home. A police investigation is being carried out into the matter.”