‘Something has to be done’ pleads grandparents after a Jack Russell bites a five year old’s face in unprovoked attack
- Credit: Archant
A five year old girl has surgery after a Jack Russell bit her face in an unprovoked attack in March.
Skyla Boldan is recovering from the incident after the elderly owner picked up the dog and pushed it into the youngster’s face saying - go on give her a kiss, according to the girl’s grandparents.
Last year the dog bit the leg and hand of another young girl who lives just a few doors away from Skyla in Estover Road, and in a separate incident, tore a police officer’s trousers when it attacked him.
John Boldan, grandfather, said: “Skyla had deep lacerations to her lip and bruising and needed surgery at Peterborough City Hospital.
“She was playing safely in the garden with her three year old sister, behind a locked gate, when the dog owner walked by. The woman picked up her dog, knowing it is vicious and carried it towards her then pushed it towards Skyla’s face saying go on give the dog a kiss.
You may also want to watch:
“The dog snapped at Skyla’s face and bit her lip.
“The experience was traumatic for all of us, the blood was pouring everywhere.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 9 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
“The dog owner is renowned in the area and the dog itself runs about on an extendable lead. It’s supposed to have a muzzle on but doesn’t.”
Last year the animal bit the daughter of Shelley Ridgeon, of Ravenswood Pet Rescue.
Shelley said: “It was 12 months ago to the week it happened. Ellie was bitten twice on her leg and once on her hand and needed hospital treatment. A police officer’s trousers were ripped by the dog on another occasion.”
Fenland District Council are aware of the incident.
John said: “I posted up about it on Facebook and people have said they know of the animal. Some have said their dog has been attacked by it. Surely something has to be done about this now.”
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “We were called on Monday with reports that a Jack Russell had bitten a five-year-old girl on the lip.
“The incident happened at about 6.10pm.
“The girl suffered serious injuries and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital for surgery. She is recovering at home. A police investigation is being carried out into the matter.”