Songs from yesteryear were all part of showcase
- Credit: Archant
On a dismal Sunday afternoon in November Wisbech Just Sing brought back the sunshine and entranced family and friends with a showcase of all their favourite songs from the previous seven sessions.
The event took place in the Rosebank Centre at Edina Court when 27 singers happily romped through a programme of songs from the shows, hits from yesteryear, a medley of songs from WW1 and WW2, and ending with a bit of Old Time Music Hall, and the audience who joined in.
Solos were sung by Fiona Butcher, Pat Tuthill, Mary Conway and Alan Miller, and the choir was led and inspired by Lilian Miller.
The group next meets on Thursday December 4 and again on January 8 at Edina Court from 2.30pm to 4pm.
Aimed particularly at people with memory challenges, breathing difficulties or other long-term conditions, the group welcomes new people to join them. The project is funded by the Dosoco Foundation, a Cambridgeshire charity supporting innovative music projects for all ages, and Wisbech Rotary Club.
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact Sue Beel at Care Network on 01945-589953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire