Sophie takes to the skies to jump out of a plane
- Credit: Archant
A mother of two is making a leap of faith to raise money for the care home where she has worked for seven years.
Sophie Vinciguerra is taking the tandem skydive plunge at the end of October at the North London Parachute Centre at Block Fen.
Support worker Mrs Vinciguerra, 25, of Russell Avenue, March, said: “I want to raise money for the people I support and work for to buy them something like a day trip or furniture for a communal area.
“Mencap is a charity-based care home so it needs supporting which is why I wanted to raise awareness and money,” she said.
Residents and staff from the Broad Oaks home in Gaul Road will be there to watch as Mrs Vingeurra makes the jump on Wednesday October 29.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’m a little bit scared but feel lucky to have the chance to do it.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens