Opportunity to see horse ‘gymnastics’ at Sovereign Quarter Horses open day
- Credit: Archant
The country’s leading breeders and trainers of American Quarter Horses are holding a special free open day in Fenland next month.
David and Sarah Deptford will lead demonstrations featuring horses of different ages, reining demonstrations and an introduction to the American Quarter Horse at Sovereign Quarter Horses at Horse Creek Farm in Coldham Bank on October 8.
David and his team, which was crowned the 2017 Junior Ranch Riding Silver and Bronze European champions and Junior Ranch Riding European champions, will also host a number of talks and visitors will have the chance to meet some of the horses.
What is an American Quarter Horse?
The American Quarter Horse, or Quarter Horse, is an American breed of horse that excels at sprinting short distances.
You may also want to watch:
Its name comes from its ability to out-distance other horse breeds in races of a quarter mile or less; some have been clocked at speeds up to 55 mph.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens