Sparkling seasonal fun for the Chatteris Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris will be a feast of twinkling lights when the grand switch on takes place next month.
A night of family fun is in store on Saturday December 3 when the town’s seasonal display is switched on by a lucky local youngster at 4.30pm.
The town will be filled with stalls, music and refreshments thanks to a dedicated committee who work hard to make sure the event is a success.
Alongside the lights switch on there will be a Christmas fayre, music from the Variante Ensemble and the popular Christmas tree festival in St Peter’s and St Paul’s Church.
Hot soup will be served in Emmanuel Church in East Park Street.
Established in 1985, Chatteris Christmas Lights are recognised as among the best displays locally.
A lights committee spokesman said: “During the festive season the lights are on daily from 3pm until midnight so you can come into town, wander through the main streets to enjoy them, and then drop in to one of the restaurants, cafeterias, public houses or take-aways for some refreshment.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 5 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 6 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
“The lights have been a great success story from the outset and with well deserved support from the community, will continue to be so.”
Trees are selected from the Elveden Estate each year to feature in the churchyard and Market Hill Gardens.