Sparkling seasonal fun for the Chatteris Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris will be a feast of twinkling lights when the grand switch on takes place next month.
A night of family fun is in store on Saturday December 3 when the town’s seasonal display is switched on by a lucky local youngster at 4.30pm.
The town will be filled with stalls, music and refreshments thanks to a dedicated committee who work hard to make sure the event is a success.
Alongside the lights switch on there will be a Christmas fayre, music from the Variante Ensemble and the popular Christmas tree festival in St Peter’s and St Paul’s Church.
Hot soup will be served in Emmanuel Church in East Park Street.
You may also want to watch:
Established in 1985, Chatteris Christmas Lights are recognised as among the best displays locally.
A lights committee spokesman said: “During the festive season the lights are on daily from 3pm until midnight so you can come into town, wander through the main streets to enjoy them, and then drop in to one of the restaurants, cafeterias, public houses or take-aways for some refreshment.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
“The lights have been a great success story from the outset and with well deserved support from the community, will continue to be so.”
Trees are selected from the Elveden Estate each year to feature in the churchyard and Market Hill Gardens.