Spate of vandalism in Whittlesey ruining efforts of volunteers for Anglia In Bloom
- Credit: Archant
“Mindless” vandals are undoing the work of volunteers who have put in the hard yards to get the town looking its best for Anglia In Bloom.
A new planter maintained by Whittlesey In Bloom has been vandalised, with the beds at Manor Leisure Centre enduring the same fate.
Councillor Kay Mayor, former town mayor, said: “a new planter that has been sponsored by a local business and being maintained by Whittlesey in Bloom has been completely vandalised.
“Similarly the beds at the Manor Leisure Centre entrance have been vandalised again. They were also vandalised last year. We do not intend to replant as we want the residents of our town to see what these mindless vandals are doing.
“All the In Bloom work is done by volunteers and we have to fund raise - so it is the funds given by local residents and businesses that is being wasted by these vandals.
You may also want to watch:
“After winning the Most Improved Town in the Anglia Region last year what chance do we have if this continues?”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens