‘Something we don’t see every day’: Helicopter arrives to help stranded driver on A47
- Credit: Archant
Blown out tyre on the roadside on the busy A47, who you gonna call? A helicopter?
That’s exactly what one motorist did on Friday (July 3) after breaking down near Guyhirn.
Concerned police officers stopped to assist the driver but were told everything was under control and a new wheel was being delivered.
Little did the officers know, the new wheel was being delivered by air mail and was arriving very shortly.
Several minutes later, a white helicopter landed in a nearby field and the wheel was handed over – allowing the driver to continue his journey.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Our officers see a lot as part of the job but this was certainly a first!
“On Friday, they attended the A47 near Guyhirn to help a broken down car that had a blown out tyre. When officers arrived, the driver said they had a new wheel on the way.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
“Shortly after, a helicopter arrived with a new wheel to save the day! Definitely something we don’t see every day!”