Special tribute to a special worker who contributed so much to Ferry Project
EMPLOYEES, residents and special guests gathered at Octavia View, Wisbech, to unveil the Lawrence Room and a commemorative bench in memory of colleague Andy Lawrence.
Andy Lawrence, Ferry Project Manager passed away in October 2010, having courageously fought cancer and continuing to encourage and inspire colleagues to persevere with Octavia View.
Andy was very active in the development of Octavia View, the Grade II listed building in Wisbech which has become the home of Ferry Project. Octavia View includes ensuite accommodation for up to 24 homeless people and provides them with the opportunity to learn life skills, to re-engage with education and get back onto their feet.
Unfortunately Andy never got a chance to work in the new facility which he had put so much into creating.
To celebrate his contribution to the organisation and Octavia View, the ornate 17th century great hall has been named The Lawrence Room with a plaque unveiled by Andy’s wife Pip Lawrence.
You may also want to watch:
A special bench has also been commissioned with a commemorative plaque which is now a feature of the Octavia View garden.
Ferry Project Chairman, Chan Abraham said: “We pay tribute to Andy Lawrence whose contribution to Ferry Project was outstanding.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
“Our residents and employees here have missed his warmth, dedication and determination. The unveiling of The Lawrence Room and the dedication of the bench in the Octavia View garden are a wonderful way for us to remember and celebrate the faith, hope and love of this inspirational man who was committed to help us change the world for the better.
“Ferry Project continues to do excellent work in Fenland, providing love and support to homeless people and providing a community centre for the people of Wisbech. We will always think of Andy Lawrence when we see the bench and have meetings in this room. His memory will continue to inspire colleagues to give their very best to help others.”