Special tribute to a special worker who contributed so much to Ferry Project
EMPLOYEES, residents and special guests gathered at Octavia View, Wisbech, to unveil the Lawrence Room and a commemorative bench in memory of colleague Andy Lawrence.
Andy Lawrence, Ferry Project Manager passed away in October 2010, having courageously fought cancer and continuing to encourage and inspire colleagues to persevere with Octavia View.
Andy was very active in the development of Octavia View, the Grade II listed building in Wisbech which has become the home of Ferry Project. Octavia View includes ensuite accommodation for up to 24 homeless people and provides them with the opportunity to learn life skills, to re-engage with education and get back onto their feet.
Unfortunately Andy never got a chance to work in the new facility which he had put so much into creating.
To celebrate his contribution to the organisation and Octavia View, the ornate 17th century great hall has been named The Lawrence Room with a plaque unveiled by Andy’s wife Pip Lawrence.
You may also want to watch:
A special bench has also been commissioned with a commemorative plaque which is now a feature of the Octavia View garden.
Ferry Project Chairman, Chan Abraham said: “We pay tribute to Andy Lawrence whose contribution to Ferry Project was outstanding.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
“Our residents and employees here have missed his warmth, dedication and determination. The unveiling of The Lawrence Room and the dedication of the bench in the Octavia View garden are a wonderful way for us to remember and celebrate the faith, hope and love of this inspirational man who was committed to help us change the world for the better.
“Ferry Project continues to do excellent work in Fenland, providing love and support to homeless people and providing a community centre for the people of Wisbech. We will always think of Andy Lawrence when we see the bench and have meetings in this room. His memory will continue to inspire colleagues to give their very best to help others.”