Speeding top concern in Fenland
- Credit: Archant
SPEEDING was named as the number one concern at a community forum in Fenland.
The Chatteris and Manea forum was held on Monday, and involved local police officers, representatives of Cambridgeshire County Council and Fenland District Council and local town and parish councillors.
Following a discussion of issues in the area, it was agreed the priority should be combatting speeding in Wenny Road, Chatteris and Westfield Road, Manea.
PCSO Martin Bogunovic said: “We will be working hard to tackle this issue over the next few months and will report back at the next community forum.
“I am grateful for those who attended last night’s forum and helped us identify issues that are causing the most concern.”
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting will be held at 7pm on Thursday, November 14, at the King Edward Centre, Chatteris.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government