Spend an evening with BBC Formula 1 presenter Jake Humphrey in Peterborough in aid of NSPCC support group
A HANDFUL of tickets are still available for a gala evening with BBC Formula 1 presenter Jake Humphrey in Peterborough.
An Evening with Jake Humphrey has been organised by the NSPCC’s Peterborough Business Support Group and takes place on February 23.
The sports presenter - who has family in Fenland including Councillor Michael Humphrey, chairman of Fenland District Council - was born in Peterborough but moved to Norwich aged seven.
Mr Humphrey grabbed the public’s attention three years ago as the face of the BBC’s Formula 1 coverage, when the broadcaster won the rights to show the races.
He will continue to be the BBC’s face of Formula 1 this season, despite the broadcaster’s reduced coverage. He will also play a leading role in the coverage of the London 2012 Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Carol Bunning said: “We are delighted that Jake has agreed to take time out of his very busy schedule to come to the gala dinner.
“We are looking forward to welcoming several members of his family who are coming along too, as well as Formula 1 fans from as far away as Somerset.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
The event at the Holiday Inn West, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, is expected to be a big money spinner for the charity which last year celebrated its 15th anniversary. In that time it has raised �500,000 to help vulnerable children in Peterborough.
As well as having the chance to meet Jake, the black tie evening will feature a charity auction with a VIP lot donated by Formula 1 world champions Red Bull Racing and a yet to be announced ‘money can’t buy’ lot from the special guest.
Tickets are priced at �60 and include a champagne reception and three course dinner.
For more information or to book tickets e-mail Carol Bunning at email@example.com