Hair salon ‘overwhelmed’ by response to Macmillan event
- Credit: Victoria Viles
A March hair salon has been ‘overwhelmed’ by the town’s response to its charity event.
Staff at Spike and Violet hair studio on 31 High Street held the event on October 1, and have raised £400 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
The salon chose the theme of a Mad Hatter's tea party inspired by the film Alice in Wonderland.
Visitors on the day could choose from a selection of cupcakes and take part in a tombola raffle where the prizes on offer were donated from local businesses around the town.
The salon’s second year apprentice, Beth Munden, organised the event, and her manager Victoria Viles has nothing but praise for her.
You may also want to watch:
“Beth organised the Macmillan event in just a month!,” said Victoria.
“We stood outside to encourage people to come in and got so much support with people taking time out of their day to do so.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
“My team are so dedicated to holding different fundraising events.”