Splashing good fun as East Anglian Puddle Jumping Championships get underway at WWT Welney Wetland Centre
- Credit: Archant
Children and adults made a big splash over the weekend as the second annual East Anglian Puddle Jumping Championships got underway.
Taking place at WWT Welney Wetland Centre until this Sunday (19), the regional competition encourages participants to jump in puddles to create the biggest splash they can.
Jumpers are judged on three categories: their enthusiasm, the creativity of the jump and most importantly the height of the splash.
Among those who have so far taken part are Russell and Rachel Hartley, and Elsie Marrow.
“Today is only day three, but we’ve already had 20 competitors. The weather over the weekend was not the greatest, so we’re expecting more people over the next few days as the sun comes out,” said Emma Brand, Welney Wetland Centre marketing manager.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone seems to be having a really good time.”
Each day a winner is chosen and everyone who takes part receives a sticker. The daily winner will go into a draw to become the overall winner.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The competition runs until Sunday.