Splashing good fun at WWT Welney Wetland Centre where the East Anglian Puddle Jumping Championships are being held
- Credit: Archant
People of all ages have been making a big splash in a competition being held throughout the week at the WWT Welney Wetland Centre.
The centre has been hosting the East Anglian Puddle Jumping Championships where contestants are encouraged to jump in puddles to create the biggest splash they can.
The event was launched on Saturday and has run throughout half-term week and is set to end on Sunday (21).
Practice pools have been available every morning from 10am with the competition running daily from 1pm to 2.30pm and prizes awarded at the end of the session.
Jumpers are judged on three key categories: their enthusiasm, the creativity of the jump and most importantly the height of the splash.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is open to all competitors no matter what their age or ability and it has already proved a hit with visitors having a splashing time throughout the week.
Everyone who takes part receives a sticker and the daily winner will go into a draw to become the overall winner.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages