Splashing time for crowds at annual Outwell raft race
- Credit: Archant
Scorching sunshine was the backdrop to a day of family fun at the weekend at the annual Outwell Festival - which included raft racing.
A raft of home made craft took to the river on Saturday for waterborne races with a team calling themselves Charities of Fire taking the glogy.
Jest won the best dressed craft, while the Pirates of the Creek were the only junior team to brave the waters.
Rafts were down on last previous entries but organisers were still pleased with the day’s success.
On Sunday the mood changed from wet to musical with the annual music festival, which was well supported by a crowd organisers estimated to be at 1,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
Bands from across East Anglia entertained at the music festival, which is the village’s main fundraiser of the years for the village hall and playing field committee.
Raft race proceeds go to Well Creek Trust.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire