Spooky Halloween house display in March is best one yet, raising £925 for Little Miracles Fenland
- Credit: Archant
A March couple has raised £925 for Little Miracles Fenland by sharing their biggest ever Halloween display.
Tommy and Jo Kelly, of 68A Wisbech Road, decorated their house once again, having done so for the past three years. Alongside their partner household, The Wildings, of Maple Grove, £1,094.29 was raised.
Over the Halloween weekend Mr and Mrs Kelly sold 120 hot dogs, which were donated by March Quality Meats and Tesco’s. All 33 prizes, donated by Boyes, March, were also won on the tombola.
“We got through numerous tubs of sweets and sold all 40 cakes, made by Kelly Wainwright on our cake stall.
“We had 153 entrants in our fancy dress display. Delilah Wing was named ‘best girl’ and brothers Luke and Riley Clarke shared ‘best boy’.
You may also want to watch:
“This was without doubt our most successful year. Thank-you to Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Boyes, March Quality Meats, March Camera Club, the Men of March pub, George’s pub, friends, family and supporters.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens