Sports clubs receive generous donation thanks to Mick George fund
- Credit: Archant
Two of Fenland’s sports clubs have received a generous donation to help provide new training equipment.
Wisbech St Mary Football Club and Whittlesey Cricket Club were donated £1,008 and £1,361 respectively as part of the Mick George Sports Fund.
Saints will use the money towards new training equipment, with Whittlesey opting to use the funds for a mobile net cage.
Both clubs were chosen in the first round of funding, where sports clubs and other beneficiaries across Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire were offered a sum of the £27,624 available.
Paul Albutt, secretary at Wisbech St Mary FC, said: “We are delighted as a club to have been successfully chosen for an award. The money will be spent on up grading certain training equipment within the football club.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Whittlesey Cricket Club said: “We will have a mobile net cage for training purposes and also for the school to use as and when things return to some sort of normality.”
For more information on the sports fund, visit https://www.mickgeorge.co.uk/sports-fund-rd1-2020.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens