SPOT THE HEAD COMPETITION: March Town United risked everything for FA Cup glory
THE spot the ball competition was popular back in the 70s and 80s but this weekend a new game was born in March - the spot the head competition!
Our photographer Brian Purdy captured this amazing picture on Saturday as March Town United assistant manager and centre-back Chris Lenton bravely attempted to head the ball.
It showed just how desperate March Town United’s players were to win their FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round clash with Kirkley & Pakefield.
And the Hares did just that with Ash Brand’s second-half brace securing a 2-1 victory.
The result, which earned the club �750, also set up a dream home Fen derby with Wisbech Town in the next round on September 3.
You may also want to watch:
• For a full report from March’s win click on the related link on the right-hand side of this page.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover