Spread seasonal cheer to children in the Fens by donating toys to a Christmas appeal
- Credit: Archant
A local travel shop in Wisbech has launched its annual Christmas toys appeal to spread some festive cheer to those in need in the area and is asking customers and the local community to support the campaign.
The Co-operative Travel in Beales Department Store is collecting good quality toys, books, games and puzzles for The Salvation Army which will be distributed in the local area.
Travel shop manager, Harriet Clarke, said: “Christmas is a time of celebration for most of us and we’d like to help make it special for local children who are going through a difficult time.
“We’re asking our customers and friends to help us fill Santa’s suitcase with gift items for children in need in the local area.
“It’s the fifth year that Central England Co-operative has organised this activity and we are hoping to put smiles on even more children’s faces this year.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to donate a gift to a local child simply take it to the Central England Co-operative travel branch by 5pm on Friday December 18.
The appeal needs items for all age ranges. For health and safety reasons they cannot accept second-hand or cuddly toys.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze