Spread some festive cheer by donating toys for local children’s charities
- Credit: Archant
A couple have launched a Christmas toy appeal at the Tesco stores in March to spread a smile around children’s charities and hospital wards in the local area.
Joy and James Burton, who both work as general assistants on the delicatessen counter, have set up a donation box for people to give toys and games for young people.
Mr Burton said: “It’s the first year it’s been done and we hope people in the town support it to give generously for local children’s charities.”
They are asking for donations of new items for boys and girls of any age.
There are donation boxes at both the Hostmoor Avenue site and the Tesco Express store in Broad Street.
You may also want to watch:
The toys will be wrapped and delivered in the run up to Christmas.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour