Spring into Summer: Nutrition is without doubt the biggest influence on your body - so get the habit
- Credit: Archant
Over the next four weeks I will be writing weekly articles as part of a four part ‘get in shape’ series. Each article will give you one big tip that you can build in, and if you follow the advice you will notice significant changes in your body, health and energy.
This week I will be addressing the most important change you need to make to lose weight and get healthy which is simply; eating healthily.
Nutrition is without a doubt the biggest influence on your body, and if you can get into the habit of eating nutritious, healthy food often - the results will be amazing.
My experience in coaching over one thousand people has taught me that simply focusing on food quality works the best. When you eat healthy food your body fills up on nutrients and you naturally eat less and get really healthy. Look to buy in whole foods, in their most natural form and create your meals from scratch.
Here is some of the basic guidelines we give to our members when they begin our programme which guarantees them to lose a clothes size in 4 weeks.
Look to eat three healthy meals per day. In each meal aim to get:
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 4 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
1. A healthy source of protein, meat, fish, eggs, plain yoghurt, vegetarians should research into the nut, seed and legume combinations that work best for them.
2. Plenty of vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables are very powerful for fat loss, broccoli, cauliflower and sprouts. Aim to get variety in and when in a rush just add some salad vegetables such as baby spinach, watercress.
3. Eat 1-3 portions of fruit per day. Berries are great fruits to eat regularly.
4. Use natural herbs and spices. Not only do these help your meals taste great, they also come with health benefits.
5. Drink plenty of water. 2 litres per day is a good amount to aim for.
6. Eat non-processed starchy carbohydrates, rice, potatoes, bananas and oats are best try to keep them to one meal per day.
7. Go 90-10. If on average you can healthily 90% of the time, 10% of the time gives you an allowance for cheats.
Set yourself the target to eat healthily and the benefits will be amazing.