Sprint finish for March air cadets at Wing Athletics
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from 1220 (March) Squadron took part in the annual inter-squadron athletics meeting for Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing.
A team of 17 cadets travelled to Bedford International Athletics stadium to compete against 28 other squadrons.
Taking part in track and field events on one of the hottest days of the year so far, several cadets were awarded bronze and silver medals.
Team manager sergeant Katie Mowatt said: “It was quite a challenge to make sure everyone made it to the right event at the right time.
“Especially as some cadets were due at both track and field events that were close together in time but not distance.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully everyone competed in their events and we had a fun day,” said the 18-year-old.
The senior girls’ team and the combined 1220 girls achieved second place overall.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 2 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 3 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 4 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Community fridge welcomes surplus food from farmers
- 9 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan