Sprint finish for March air cadets at Wing Athletics
- Credit: Archant
Air cadets from 1220 (March) Squadron took part in the annual inter-squadron athletics meeting for Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire Wing.
A team of 17 cadets travelled to Bedford International Athletics stadium to compete against 28 other squadrons.
Taking part in track and field events on one of the hottest days of the year so far, several cadets were awarded bronze and silver medals.
Team manager sergeant Katie Mowatt said: “It was quite a challenge to make sure everyone made it to the right event at the right time.
“Especially as some cadets were due at both track and field events that were close together in time but not distance.
You may also want to watch:
“Thankfully everyone competed in their events and we had a fun day,” said the 18-year-old.
The senior girls’ team and the combined 1220 girls achieved second place overall.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire