St George’s Fayre is NOT an event dominated by councillors
INSULTED army veteran he may be, but Robert Harvey’s letter (June 28) irritated me so much that I feel I must respond.
Why does he claim that St George’s Fayre is a prime example of events for residents being dominated by councillors?
I volunteered to join the St George’s Fayre committee. I am not the only resident volunteer either – not by a long way.
In fact, in preparation for this year’s very successful event, the only councillor who attended regularly was Councillor Jan French in her capacity as mayor – and very right, proper and useful that she was there.
I for one am fed up with Mr Harvey’s regular nonsense in the press.
If he abandoned his personal agenda of complaint and criticism and quietly got on with something for the benefit of the local community, so much the better for him and for the rest of us.
- 1 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 7 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’