St George’s Fayre is NOT an event dominated by councillors
INSULTED army veteran he may be, but Robert Harvey’s letter (June 28) irritated me so much that I feel I must respond.
Why does he claim that St George’s Fayre is a prime example of events for residents being dominated by councillors?
I volunteered to join the St George’s Fayre committee. I am not the only resident volunteer either – not by a long way.
In fact, in preparation for this year’s very successful event, the only councillor who attended regularly was Councillor Jan French in her capacity as mayor – and very right, proper and useful that she was there.
I for one am fed up with Mr Harvey’s regular nonsense in the press.
You may also want to watch:
If he abandoned his personal agenda of complaint and criticism and quietly got on with something for the benefit of the local community, so much the better for him and for the rest of us.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'