St John Ambulance
MEMBERS have been disappointed by the numbers attending some of their recent fund-raising events. Results of those events are: Spring fair £150, quiz night £80, Chatteris market stall £78.16, March market stall £101.70, tombola £74.30. All this money will
MEMBERS have been disappointed by the numbers attending some of their recent fund-raising events. Results of those events are: Spring fair £150, quiz night £80, Chatteris market stall £78.16, March market stall £101.70, tombola £74.30. All this money will go to the branch building fund. Profit from the 'body parts' quiz sheets is £94.
At the latest tombola evening Mrs. R Fleming of Ferry Hill Cottages won a £10 voucher. A new quiz sheet on 'Birds' is now available from members or by sending £1 and a stamped addressed envelope to 58 Westbourne Road. The next big event will be the Tony Stace concert being organised by David and Christine Reed at Emmanuel Church on Thursday June 1 (7pm).
We have received £686 given instead of flowers from the funeral of Dorothy Wells. It has been decided to buy a new automated external defibrillator in her memory.
Members have just completed weeks learning about 'deaf awareness and basic sign language' in order to be able to communicate better with those whose hearing is not very good. In the next few weeks they will be refreshing their radio communications skills knowledge.
You may also want to watch:
There has been interest shown in three two-hour first aid courses in the evenings. If enough people are interested the course will be arranged to suit the majority.
CONTACT: 01354 695154.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash