St Mary’s Church, Doddington, organising Valentine’s Cabaret to raise funds for improvements
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland church is putting on a night of cabaret in its bid to raise funds to replace its heating system.
St Mary’s Church, Doddington, needs to raise £35,000 - they hope to get a grant to contribute some of the costs but will need to raise part of the sum.
As part of their fundraising efforts, they welcome Mild Honey, made up of Tom Harlock and his fiancee Aimee, for a Valentine’s Cabaret at March Town Hall on Saturday February 15.
The evening will also feature the Grove Singers, a new choir put together by James Trundle.
Vicki Smith, of St Mary’s Church, said: “We hope that as many people as possible will buy tickets and attend.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be fantastic and as the funds are all for a very worthwhile cause, we would be pleased to see large numbers.”
The hall has full disabled access and central heating.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
Tickets, which cost £12.50 including refreshments, are available from Susan Harlock on 01354 652549