St Mary’s Church holding summer concerts starting with King’s Lynn organist
- Credit: Archant
The restored St Mary’s Church in Westry is holding a series of summer concerts.
The first concert, Music for a Summer’s Evening, takes place on Friday, June 19.
Nigel Singelterry, organist of St. John’s Church, King Lynn, will be playing the church’s Makin digital organ with an easy-listening programme of music.
Organist Roger High said: “At St. Mary’s Church in March, we are trying to make the best possible use of our newly restored church. As you have previously reported it has been wonderful to see the church rise from the ashes.
“One of the features of the restoration is the wonderful acoustical properties that the building enjoys. The stone floor enhances any music that is made within the building and gives just the right amount of resonance.
You may also want to watch:
“So this year, we are again starting our summer programme of concerts.”
Tickets for the June 19 concert are £5, which includes light refreshments, and are available at Johnsons’ in Dartford Road, Philpotts’ in Darthill Road or at the church on the concert evening.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show