Magical Christmas tree display is the most successful in its 20 year history
- Credit: Archant
Visitors enjoyed the sparkling lights and season of good will at the 20th annual Christmas tree festival at St Mary’s Church in Whittlesey.
The church was filled with a large number of different sizes and styles of trees.
Jacqueline Baldrey said: “There was lots of creative imagination on display for everyone to see. It was a magical sight.
“This year not only was it the 20th year of the festival but it was also the most successful year so far.
“In just over three days of the festival, the grand total raised was a smashing £2,000.
You may also want to watch:
“A huge thank you would like to be extended to Reverend Nigel along with the church wardens.
“Also a thank you to the team who help set up the church ahead of the event as well as for manning the event throughout the three days.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“It was a lot of hard work but it paid off. A big thank you to Westfield Nurseries for their kind donation of two large trees for the event.
The winners were:
• Schools- Park Lane Primary School
• Individuals – Kath Brown, Gnomes Aloud
• Businesses – NGNPUK syringe driver charity group.