St Mary’s WI
AFTER a brief spell in hospital president Renee Tuffs returned for the June meeting at which a basket of flowers was presented to Edie England to mark her diamond wedding anniversary. Everyone had a piece of anniversary cake with tea, and Edie passed arou
AFTER a brief spell in hospital president Renee Tuffs returned for the June meeting at which a basket of flowers was presented to Edie England to mark her diamond wedding anniversary. Everyone had a piece of anniversary cake with tea, and Edie passed around the card they had received from the Queen.
Barbara Varney also returned after a long illness. Birthday pens were given to M Ewart, A Marsh, M Fisher, Z Richardson and M Whittlesea.
Speaker was Peter Burnell who stepped in at short notice, as the booked speaker was unable to come. Mr Burnell was a police dog handler in London and gave a talk on how the dog and its handlers are trained. He also showed photographs and press cuttings of cases he was involved with.
There are still a few seats on the bus trip to Lincoln on August 11. Non members are always welcome. The social half hour was a quiz. The competition was for three jam tarts and points awarded were, B Smith 10, E Blake nine, L Lacey eight and J Henchman seven.
You may also want to watch:
Next meeting: July 13.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government