Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
- Credit: Archant
With Christmas getting closer, there’s a tree-mendous opportunity to get into the festive spirit next weekend as St Peter’s Church in March hosts its annual Christmas tree festival.
Beautiful, thoughtful designs will be displayed in the church over a three-day period as residents and businesses enter their best trees once more.
Anyone can take part – just decorate a tree and display it in church for the public to view.
A spokesperson said: “There’s no fee to display a tree and it’s good free advertising for your organisation or business.
“We’ve got around 50 entries of beautiful trees. It’s great fun for the children and they can bring family and friends to see their good work.”
The festival runs on Friday December 10 12-8pm, Saturday 11 9:30am-5pm and Sunday 12 12:30-2:30pm.
A Christingle service will be held to close the event with all the lit trees as a backdrop.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues