Stainless Metalcraft in Chatteris wins regional apprenticeship award
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris company has been named regional medium employer of the year at the East of England awards.
Stainless Metalcraft, based on the industrial estate of Honeysome Road, will now go forward to the national award scheme which recognises the regions top apprentices.
Austen Adams, managing director of Metalcraft, said: “I’m delighted that our commitment to developing the next generation of engineers has been recognised.
“This year represents a very special anniversary for Metalcraft as we celebrate the centenary of our apprenticeship.
“We remain committed to providing the highest levels of training to young people, working in conjunction with local colleges to equip them with the skills they need to enjoy successful, productive careers in the industry.
You may also want to watch:
“The engineering skills shortage is a common topic of discussion around the country and, as businesses, we all have a responsibility to invest in the future of our workforce.
“At Metalcraft, over 50 per cent of our employees began their careers as apprentices and almost all of our management team are also former apprentices.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
East of England winners and highly commended entries were announced at an awards ceremony held at Newmarket Racecourse.
National award winners will be announced at a ceremony held on January 20 2017 in London.