Stamp collectors needed to help a March college for adults with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
Eagle eyed collectors are needed to help a charity search out rare stamps from a box full of donated postcards dating back to the early 1900s.
FACET college for adults with learning difficulties has been donated a box of postcards which they are aware could have collectors item stamps on them but needs help to dig out the valuable ones ready to list on ebay.
Kris Harrold, manager of the March college in Marwick Road, said: “When we were donated these postcards we were really grateful as we know there will be some special stamps on some of them but we desperately need help from somebody out there who can spot them for us.
“Our students enjoy ebay classes as part of our curriculum where they learn to list in the best categories, how to photograph things in the best lights with good backgrounds to make sure donated items get as many views as possible.
“It all helps make money for the college as we run on a charitable basis.”
You may also want to watch:
Previous items which sold well include collectors items story tapes that go with books.
Items currently for sale on ebay are 10 Oscar statues which woodwork students made and then covered in glitter for their recent summer ball.
To view the Oscars for sale visit ebay
- 1 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 6 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’