Stamp collectors needed to help a March college for adults with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
Eagle eyed collectors are needed to help a charity search out rare stamps from a box full of donated postcards dating back to the early 1900s.
FACET college for adults with learning difficulties has been donated a box of postcards which they are aware could have collectors item stamps on them but needs help to dig out the valuable ones ready to list on ebay.
Kris Harrold, manager of the March college in Marwick Road, said: “When we were donated these postcards we were really grateful as we know there will be some special stamps on some of them but we desperately need help from somebody out there who can spot them for us.
“Our students enjoy ebay classes as part of our curriculum where they learn to list in the best categories, how to photograph things in the best lights with good backgrounds to make sure donated items get as many views as possible.
“It all helps make money for the college as we run on a charitable basis.”
You may also want to watch:
Previous items which sold well include collectors items story tapes that go with books.
Items currently for sale on ebay are 10 Oscar statues which woodwork students made and then covered in glitter for their recent summer ball.
To view the Oscars for sale visit ebay
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary