Stamp collectors needed to help a March college for adults with learning disabilities
- Credit: Archant
Eagle eyed collectors are needed to help a charity search out rare stamps from a box full of donated postcards dating back to the early 1900s.
FACET college for adults with learning difficulties has been donated a box of postcards which they are aware could have collectors item stamps on them but needs help to dig out the valuable ones ready to list on ebay.
Kris Harrold, manager of the March college in Marwick Road, said: “When we were donated these postcards we were really grateful as we know there will be some special stamps on some of them but we desperately need help from somebody out there who can spot them for us.
“Our students enjoy ebay classes as part of our curriculum where they learn to list in the best categories, how to photograph things in the best lights with good backgrounds to make sure donated items get as many views as possible.
“It all helps make money for the college as we run on a charitable basis.”
Previous items which sold well include collectors items story tapes that go with books.
Items currently for sale on ebay are 10 Oscar statues which woodwork students made and then covered in glitter for their recent summer ball.
To view the Oscars for sale visit ebay
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road