State of the art computer system allows parents to see their children learning
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris nursery is one of the first in Fenland to use a high tech system which allows parents to track the development of their children online.
Dots to Tots in Chatteris is using the Interactive Learning Diary (ILD) system as a tool to observe and track the development of the children.
This is done by using computer tablets within the rooms and then taking photos and writing observations on them.
The ILD tool then tracks the observations and this can be used to show the development of the children.
Parents all receive a unique parent portal for their child, which they can access from home, to follow their child’s development.
You may also want to watch:
The nursery has also recently combined their toddler and pre-school room to create a larger space to play in and a separate ‘Doodle Dome’ where children can go and create using paint, crayons, sand, water and junk modelling.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 10 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash