Stephen gets funding from the county council to set up DJ workshops in Fenland
A DISC jockey has used funds from Cambridgeshire County Council to set up a series of DJ workshops in the Fenland area.
The council, together with charity Young Lives, has created a fund to help set up activities for young people.
DJ Stephen Calver has secured money from the fund to run workshops in March and Chatteris with support from Youth Support Services.
Stephen is offering young people aged from 10 to 19 the opportunity to set up DJ equipment, learn to mix tracks and use equipment.
The sessions will be held on alternate Monday evenings from 6.30pm - 8.30pm for �2 per person. Refreshments can also be bought.
You may also want to watch:
The project will alternate between two venues - Doddington Village Hall and Benwick Primary School.
It will be held at Benwick Primary School on 16 April, 30 April, 21 May, 11 June, 25 June, 9 July, 23 July, 6 August, 20 August and 10 September and at Doddington Village Hall on 23 April, 14 May, 28 May, 18 June, 2 July, 16 July, 30 July, 13 August, 3 September and 17 September.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
A council spokesman said: “The hope is that with the skills and confidence young people develop during these workshops, they will be able to participate in DJ slots at local events held at March and Chatteris throughout the year.”
Anyone requiring further information about the project should contact Lead Youth Worker Mike Knaggs on 01354 750180, 07824 307639 (mobile) or by email at email@example.com