Stepping out to help historic churches
- Credit: Archant
An annual sponsored stride, ride or drive event took place in aid of the Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust and local churches.
Archdeacon Hugh McCurdy cycled around the churches in the north of the Ely diocese having set off from Wisbech and surrounding villages at St.
Mary’s Church in March.
He followed with visits to St. John’s, St. Peter’s and St. Wendreda’s churches before setting off for Whittlesey.
On Saturday Rev Jenny Webb put on her walking shoes and walked from St.Peter’s to St. Mary’s in March and back.
You may also want to watch:
Both churches were open as part of the heritage weekend activities.
St. Peter’s church also hosted a successful craft fair.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 9 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 10 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council