Stepping out to help historic churches
- Credit: Archant
An annual sponsored stride, ride or drive event took place in aid of the Cambridgeshire Historic Churches Trust and local churches.
Archdeacon Hugh McCurdy cycled around the churches in the north of the Ely diocese having set off from Wisbech and surrounding villages at St.
Mary’s Church in March.
He followed with visits to St. John’s, St. Peter’s and St. Wendreda’s churches before setting off for Whittlesey.
On Saturday Rev Jenny Webb put on her walking shoes and walked from St.Peter’s to St. Mary’s in March and back.
You may also want to watch:
Both churches were open as part of the heritage weekend activities.
St. Peter’s church also hosted a successful craft fair.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire