Foundation donates £3,000 to MP Steve Barclay’s Read to Succeed
- Credit: MP Steve Barclay
A charitable foundation has made a donation of £3,000 to kick-start MP Steve Barclay’s ‘Read to Succeed’ campaign to get more local children reading.
Clarion Futures, the charitable foundation of Clarion Housing Group, handed over a cheque after donating £6,000 over the past two years.
Mr Barclay said: “I visited Clarion Futures to receive their kind donation of £3,000 to kick-start this year’s campaign.
“They have been a strong supporter of our community initiative, donating £6,000 over the past two years, and hundreds of children have benefitted from their support.”
Phil Miles, director of Clarion Futures, said: “Given the impact of the pandemic on education, initiatives such as Read to Succeed have never been so important.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re proud to be supporting this inspiring project that will make such a difference to children across North East Cambridgeshire, helping to foster a lifelong love of reading.”
The Read to Succeed campaign seeks to raise donations of new books from residents across North East Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
It was launched with the expectation that every year 4 pupil across the constituency will receive a new book.
To make a donation, email: email@example.com