Foundation donates £3,000 to MP Steve Barclay’s Read to Succeed
- Credit: MP Steve Barclay
A charitable foundation has made a donation of £3,000 to kick-start MP Steve Barclay’s ‘Read to Succeed’ campaign to get more local children reading.
Clarion Futures, the charitable foundation of Clarion Housing Group, handed over a cheque after donating £6,000 over the past two years.
Mr Barclay said: “I visited Clarion Futures to receive their kind donation of £3,000 to kick-start this year’s campaign.
“They have been a strong supporter of our community initiative, donating £6,000 over the past two years, and hundreds of children have benefitted from their support.”
Phil Miles, director of Clarion Futures, said: “Given the impact of the pandemic on education, initiatives such as Read to Succeed have never been so important.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re proud to be supporting this inspiring project that will make such a difference to children across North East Cambridgeshire, helping to foster a lifelong love of reading.”
The Read to Succeed campaign seeks to raise donations of new books from residents across North East Cambridgeshire.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
It was launched with the expectation that every year 4 pupil across the constituency will receive a new book.
To make a donation, email: email@example.com