Still unanswered questions about Fenland Council/Roddons housing transfer
REGARDING this week’s web poll. There are a few questions that need answering whilst there are still people at Fenland District Council with all the facts.
1. Why were they sold at such a low price, c�4500 each?
2. Is the �19m held in a separate account or in a general account to be frittered away?
3. Why weren’t all Fenland taxpayers consulted since they had paid for the building & maintenance of the estate?
4. Does the council or any of its employees or councillors have a financial interest in Roddons?
You may also want to watch:
5. Was it considered appropriate to offer new kitchens, bathrooms, garden makeovers to council tenants before they had voted?
6. As the Housing Dept staff were mostly transferred to Roddons at considerable cost saving to FDC why didn’t council tax decrease?
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
I’m sure the list of questions could be longer but some answers would be interesting. Perhaps I should ask the council under the Freedom of Information act!